When it comes to choosing the best bed pillows for you and your home, it is important to consider some of these tips to ensure you make the best choice.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the best bed pillows;
- Feathers or Down pillows – Feather pillows are firm, do not trap heat though they might poke through after some time. Down pillows are made from certain bird feathers and are ranked by fill power. The higher the fill power, the longer it stays firm.
- Memory foam – This is a pillow made from polyurethane. It is designed to mould to the shape of your head and slowly raises back into its original form when you rise. It maintains its height well and is good for support. However, it tends to retain heat and might not be great for those who like a cool sleeping surface.
- Foam pillows – This is similar to memory foam yet made of a product similar to rubber. It is mildew proof. It might have a latex like odour initially though this tends to fade and might not be ideal for those allergic to latex.
- Buckwheat hulls – It comes in a variety of heights and densities though most tend to be quite soft. They sometimes develop hollow areas which can be fluffed back.
- Sleeping position – How you sleep, the position you mainly take has an impact on your choice of pillow
- Side sleepers – This is the most common of positions. Choose a pillow with medium to high thickness. A great tip especially for women is to put a small pillow between their knees for added comfort.
- Back sleepers – It is ideal to choose a pillow which offers neck and back support, an orthopaedic pillow is the best choice.
- Tummy sleepers – Choose a soft and low pillow for the best support.
- Combination – A memory foam pillow or a pillow with medium thickness will do.
- Cost – Depending on your budget, you are sure to find a quality pillow for your use. Keep in mind the lower priced the pillow, the less its ability to last or retain shape over time.
These tips are sure to help you purchase the best bed pillow for your home and personal needs.